Author and Illustrator: My presentations
If you can provide an easel and a pad of paper, I'll bring a projector, a marking pen and a sense of humor.
At your school, I'll...
- Give a brief recap of my exciting life, telling the students
how I became what I am today.
- Read (while showing the illustrations — see "projector" above)
and talk about my books.
- Discuss my writing — how I do it and how I come up with ideas.
- Explain how I work on illustrations.
Give a few quick lessons in cartooning.
I can do two hour-and-a-half presentations in the morning and one in the afternoon. If you'd rather, I can talk to an assembly full of students first thing in the morning and do classroom visits for the rest of the day — and the next, if you'd like. Or....
- I charge $325 a day.
- Plus expenses (outside of the Portland area) (Portland, Oregon) (not that other one) — for getting there and getting back — and for a place to sleep while I'm there.
Contact me if you are interested and we can discuss the details.
(Dog not included.)